The March edition of "Our State"magazine has two different articles on
Mt.Airy.The first article is a four
page spread about The White Sulphur Springs Hotel,a grand ,late-19th-century
resort that once stood
in Surry County that boasted of,among other things,a mineral spring --billed as
"a very fountain of
health"--that was guaranteed to cure whatever ailed you.There are several
accompanying photos
of the hotel.

The second article deals with the 70 greatest places to eat when you're on the
go in North Carolina.
Mt.Airy has three of the top 70 vittles joints.In no particular order we have
"Speedy Chef","The Dairy
Center",and lastly,the world renowned "Snappy Lunch".

As a sidenote,"The Squeeze Box" in nearby Pilot Mountain was mentioned.
Your local news stand/grocery store should carry a copy.In a few days,the
article should be available
for viewing at ourstate.com.

Can't you just picture Emma Watson/Brand carrying her water jug(s) down to the
mineral spring?

Dewey in NC

You know you're getting old when you find yourself standing next to your car
with your keys in your
hand,but you can't remember whether you're going somewhere or you just got
back.We all know
this is going to happen to us one day...probably.Just ask Gomer,he got turned
around in the Rimshaw
house,and did not remember a thing.