I watched "My Favorite Martian" season 1, episode 1 (1963) last night. It's
another favorite of mine from childhood. Imagine my surprise when I found
connections to TAGS! First, this episode, and the only one that I have
found, was directed by Sheldon Leonard (IMDb doesn't even credit him).
Second,  here's the best part..when the Martian crash lands his spaceship it
lands in exactly the same spot at "Myers Lake" where Andy and Opie make the
turn to go to the lake!! Bill Bixby drives his car (this road with it's
little fence is often seen in TAGS too) and runs down the hill, crosses the
Andy/Opie pathway to the spot of the crash.

So all this in addition to the appearance of Bill Bixby as the rich kid in
TAGS "Bailey's Bad Boy" in Season 2 (1/15/62). This TAGS episode was also
co-written by Ben Gershman who also wrote 11 episodes of "Martian." So maybe
it was this TAGS appearance that got him picked to do the Tim O'Hara role in
"My Favorite Martian" if you think about the Sheldon connection.

As a side note: In "Bailey's Bad Boy" the scene of the squad car speeding
down the road is the same scene used in "Aunt Bee the Warden."

Quiet Sam