I saw all the postings about people now a days forgetting about TAGS and
Mayberry.     Then tonight I was watching TV with Martha.    One of the first
things Martha does in the evenings when she comes home from work is to watch
her soap opera that she has TiVoed from earlier in the day.    I do not care
anything about watching the soap opera, but I will sit there and read and keep
her company and catch about every 10th word.   Any Hoo, tonight Martha was
watching the Tuesday, 25 June 2013 edition of "Days Of Our Lives", when one of
the female characters makes a disparaging remark about the town.    She wanted
to say the town was a small backward place, so the writers had her say "What
town is this, Mayberry"?
Even though she used Mayberry in a disparaging fashion, I was glad to hear a
mention of our favorite town, and to know people now a days still are thinking

Orville Hendricks - Mount Pilot Butter and Egg Man.    I always did kid Goober
about the time our team here in Mount Pilot beat his Mayberry Giants in
baseball.    Opie was out.