An area lake is celebrating its annual Carp Festival this weekend.  The
goal of the festival is to rid the lake of as many carp as possible.
People around the lake are happy when people kill a carp.  If anyone sees
Andy and Mayor Pike please pass this message along as I am sure Andy would
like to get out his ax with the blunt end and head on over to Lake
Arbutus.  They even have some special trees there where folks can string up
their carp and have their picture took with them.

As long as I am on the subject of fish, which happens to be an animal, that
is a perfect segue into some more interesting facts about animals.

Did you know:

A crocodile has no tongue.  (  Guess that means something else has to clean
its ears.)

A goldfish has a memory of 3 seconds.  (  I bet that is why they are so
little.  They forget to eat.)

You can tell a turtle's sex by the noise it makes.  Males grunt, females
hiss.  ( I didn't realize so many of my friends are turtles.)

The venom in a Daddy Long-Leg spider is more poisonous than a Black Widow's
or a Brown Recluse, but they cannot bite humans because their jaws won't
open wide enough.  ( There you go Gomer, nothing to fear with those Daddy
Long-Leg spiders.)

A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
( Wow, I bet hippos have some kind of uvula.)

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds.  ( I think that is
the chicken that Maudie threw at Naylor.)

And finally:

The male gypsy moth can "smell" the virgin female gypsy moth from 1.8 miles
away.  ( I wonder what kind of after shave Barney was wearing when the moth
in the cave flew over his head.)

--
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru