On 10/3/2013 6:05 PM, Chuck Talley wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Mayberry Days
Date:   Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:12:38 -0400
From:   Chuck Talley <tall...@wcoil.com>
To:     wbmutbb@wbmutbb.com

We missed last years 'Days, for the first time in 17 years, due to a trip out West celebrating an important wedding anniversary. We got back on track with this years 'Days. The tribute artists (official and unofficial) did an outstanding job at the events and shows as well as just being around uptown. It is entertaining in itself just to see the first timers reactions as they see Barney, Floyd, Aunt Bee, Goober, Otis, Ernest T and others as they bring the characters to our little corner of the world. We bought a few things uptown and a couple of treasures at the silent auction. Everyone involved in the auction does a superb job and it raises money for the Council. _All_ of the invited guests were very gracious and would willingly accommodate any request made. You can tell those stars who have been there before as they start to understand what Mayberry is really all about and what it means to us and it shows in their demeanor. The only disappointment was that Peggy McCay missed the Thursday dinner and autograph session, the Friday activities and the Sat. parade and autograph session. Some things can't be avoided.I was looking forward to meeting her. We did however meet some nice, real nice, people from Mississippi and California as well as greeted other people from prior years. We left Mt. Airy entertained,relaxed, refreshed and ready to go back next year. The Surry Arts Council and the countless others who make this this annual event happen do a fantastic job! - The Gollywobbler