I loved reading about the dress.

I heartily agree about the shabbiness in public today.  I have been a high
school music teacher for 34 years.  Every school day I am very happy to say
that I have worn a tie.  The first week it is a suit and then coordinates.
Winter time, a sweater accompany my shirt, tie and dress pants.  Spring, the
coordinates. When our band gives concerts or goes to dinner and concerts, the
students dress to the nines.  Including real TIE up bow ties.  ( not clip ons
or ready tied like Barney, sorry Barn). My male students learned much faster
than me how to tie one!  The young ladies are dressed up in a classy manner but
with modesty. And these teenagers love to dress up!  On a recent band trip to
Cleveland, one student brought four suits.  One for each day!   But the best
part is when total strangers compliment me on their dress.  I thank them and
then ask if they could kindly tell the students themselves.  A great feeling to
see the band members graciously accept their compliments.  But, I don
 't dress like Malcolm Merriweather or Ward Cleaver at home.   Neither do my
students. It is so nice to see this dress on TAGS and to pass it on to the
youngins'.  Better to be overdressed than under.  Just ask Barney as was noted
when he dropped over at supper time.  " I haven't even figured out what I'm
going to wear tonight....."  Didn't fool Malcolm!

Watched an episode last night with Fred Goss in it. Ashes  all over but wearing
a suit.  " It pays to look your best!"

My observations.  Thanks for reading.

Nick (from a cold part of Ontario Canada near Toronto)

Sent from my iPad