>>>I had the most wonderful Mayberry sighting tonight on New Years Eve.
>>>Antenna TV is running a Jack Benny/George Burns marathon, and I was watching
>>>a Jack Benny episode where he goes to a restaurant with Jimmy Stewart and
>>>Gloria Stewart.    While there, Jack and his date decide to do a little
>>>dancing.    Out on the dance floor, Jack's date bumps into Rolfe Sedan
>>>(veteran character actor who was a regular as the postman on George Burns).
>>>  Rolfe Sedan stops dancing and turns to Jack and his date to say "Please
>>>excuse me".    Well, you would never guess in a million tries who Rolfe
>>>Sedan was dancing with.    Since you cannot guess, I think I will tell you,
>>>it was Nice Dress Nelly.     She was featured in a close up shot and for a
>>>second I thought she was going to say something.    Later in the show I
>>>spotted her sitting at a table in the restaurant.    That is the first time
>>>I have ever found her in any show but TAGS.    I watched the credits, but
>>>they did not post her name, shuc
 ks.<<<

That's interesting, David.  I have seen Nice Dress Nellie on at least one other
show.  Remember the original "Bob Newhart Show" back in the seventies?  Well,
I've spotted Nice Dress Nellie a few different times on that show.  Usually,
she is in Bob's office building, sometimes as a passer-by, sometimes in the
elevator, sometimes dressed in a while lab coat as though she works in a
doctor's office.  If you ever watch that show, look for her.  She looks a
little older, of course, but you can plainly tell it's her.

Thelma Lou
(Janet)