>>>I know this has been discussed before but I couldn't remember what was said.
>>>My husband asked me the other day why they seemed to use the passanger side
>>>to get in and out of the car. The episode about the car in the courthouse it
>>>seemed like they did it allot.<<<

Susan, I'm not an expert on the subject, but I suspect it has a lot to do with
camera placement and angles.  If you have a scene with the squad car in front
of the courthouse and someone's getting in or out of the car, you can compose a
tighter shot if he is using the passenger side door.  But if he gets in on the
driver's side, he has to walk around the car.  Therefore, the camera has to be
farther away with a wider angle shot.  That's my theory, anyway.

Thelma Lou
(Janet)