Very good Chris, Yankee great Whitey Ford is mentioned by name in The Haunted
House.  Ford is still alive today at age 85.  It is actually Opie's unnamed
friend (played by Ronnie Dapo) who utters the name; Opie mentions Mickey
Mantle. Why Ford would be pitching to his own teammate remains a mystery.

I've often wondered if this boy was supposed to be a reformed Arnold Winkler,
the former misbehaving spoiled brat, now reformed after a trip or two to the
nice old fashioned woodshed. It's the same child actor in both episodes, and he
would also appear a few years later as the boy who, along with Opie, feeds
blueberry pie to baby Evie Joy in my 249th most favorite episode.

Paul Mulik

Sent from my iPhone