> there is a sign behind Andy that says" Bar- Cafe". I thought Mayberry was a
> dry county.

Yes, and in the episode Ernest T. in the Army, when he's ready to throw the
rock through the plate glass window that the guys are holding standing on the
sidewalk, the sign on the business behind him says Jacks Bar and Grill (or
something similar but definitely a BAR).

It's always preyed on my mind about the dry county thing.

Harriet, the chicken thief, hiding out in Kelsey's Woods, USA

 ....Johnny Paul Jason says chewing tar is good for the teeth......That's an
old wives tale....Johnny Paul ain't married.....