(continued from my previous message)
So like Disney characters, people were setting aside the obvious that these are
atrists portraying the orginals, but they love Mayberry so much, they they
allow thier mind to take them there.  To them, this is really Goober,  Barney
is really here.  Gomer hasn't changed a bit.  Look at Ernest T acting up.
There's Mayor Pike!  There's Colonel Harvey! OMG Floyd is clipping that guys
hair.  More poses more photos.  Who's the guy with the little TV?   Oh Gosh,
its Henry the Jinx, LOL   Some look like the originals more that they sound,
some look and sound similar enough that you just laugh when they say
catch-phrases that you have heard dozens of time.  Otis is politically correct,
but still funnier than a stitch.  Aunt Bee is demure, but dead-on in her
depiction..and look at all the Opies (in Danville's parade and contest).  The
aritsts make Mayberry come alive today in 2014.  Certainly Maggie Peterson and
Rodney Dillard,anchor the show and
 give some authenticity to the orginal, but these cut-up look-alikes provide
the volume, the memories,  and the re-creation that completes the Mayberry
Vision in our minds.  Serious fans and casual fans and even new fans line up to
see what these Tribute Artist have to say, and to take one of their cute
autograph sheets that they are handing out.   I got a ticket from Barney!
Goober had that Judy Judy Judy look in my picture.  Gomer has that gun-belt on
the same way he did in that episode he was deputized.  OMG Floyd even has the
facial expression down.  Its all real enough to take the mind to Mayberry.
They marched in the Parade, again reaching out to fans.  They even put on a
stage show..not bad for one actor and a buch of amauters.  Quoting, clowning ,
joking, and even a little acting and softshoe!
I've often wondered why these guys take 8-10 hour drives to be at these events.
 What Darling person's their Darling person must be.  Honey I'll be gone again
this weekend to go display my inner Howard Sprauge.  What sacrifice.  But
hearing the laughter, seeing the joy..now that I've been there I get it.  Its
the people and the joy that they bring them.  Its the friends they make, the
smile and laughter they incite.  Its th common bond of Mayberry.

Thanks Everyone

The Untrained Voice