I was in the right place and accidentally was interviewed by a reporter for the Winston Salem Journal, Sherry Wilson, at Mayberry Days in September of 2000 - the 40th anniversary of the show. As she quoted me an article about Mayberry I said: "Maybe the mindset has as much to do with it as anything. I think that most people are looking for Mayberry probably to briefly escape the problems that are going on in society."I actually said more than that but that is all she quoted in the newspaper article.That's my story and I'm sticking to it. The Gollywobbler