I was born 1960 so was raised in the 60's and 70's down here in Cajun country
Louisiana. We called adults "Miss Emily" or "Mr. Amadee" and not "Mrs Cormier"
or "Mr. Marsiglia". My mama did too. Had I been in Mayberry it would have been
"Mr. Floyd" or "Deputy Fife". I never understood Opie's calling adults by just
a first name no matter how close a friend they were to his Paw.

I'm the same age as Earl Pike's boy. Sometimes I still call older folks Mr. or
Miss whoever. On the other hand, growing up in NC in the 60s, I've always
called my aunts, uncles, and friends of my parents by just their first names.
Maybe it's because I'm the oldest grandchild on both sides (no older first
cousins) and they didn't know what to do with me.

Don "Third Party" Good