I was sitting out in front of the house tonight reading and watching the
neighbor kids across the street.  Two sisters are about Opie's age when he
was in the second season.  Mom told them they could ride their bike down
the street on the sidewalk and back but they were NOT to TALK to anyone at
all.  When they got back she asked them several times if they talked to
anyone.

How sad we have to live like that today.  Imagine if Andy would not have
allowed Opie to talk to anyone when he was out playing.  Opie would never
have had his adventures with Mr. McBeevey, Hobo Brown, Hobo Willy with the
pattula oblagonda, Gentleman Dan and who knows how many other interesting
characters.  Why I be parents would even tell their kids not to hang around
Goober.

Several weeks ago I sent Betty Lynn a copy of my book and a letter of
appreciation for everything she has done to make TAGS the timeless show
that it is.  I received a very nice reply from a lady who works with Betty
Lynn on her behalf.  It was a very gracious thank you from Miss Lynn,
although I was told that Miss Lynn was currently ill so she could not
personally write the thank you to say how much my thoughts meant to her.

So let's keep our beloved Thelma Lou in our thoughts and prayers.

--
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru