Eric, for all intents and purposes, the National Guard is the Army.    I
served 34 years in the military, 8 years in the Active Army, 4 years in the
Army Reserve, and 22 years in the National Guard.   Soldiers in the National
Guard wear Army uniforms, Army rank, and Army insignia.   On one side of the
National Guard uniform is the soldier's last name, and on the other side of his
uniform is a tape with U.S. ARMY on it.  When I was called back to active duty
from the National Guard in 2007 at the age of 57, I was called into the Army
and sent to Iraq.   When all the old National Guard people get together, we
always refer to ourselves as being in the Army, can't stand those jarheads.

Orville Hendricks - Mount Pilot Butter and Egg Man