 In the TAGS episode "Opie And The Spoiled Kid", Andy says to Opie "This must
be pretty important for you to break off your chores".    Opie replies "It's
been preying on my mind Pa".

I know that all the posters here on this site (as I do) love all the episodes
of TAGS, but they love some a little more than others.

But one episode that "Preys on my mind", is "The Church Organ".      Almost
every other episode of TAGS teaches a lesson of responsibility.     Opie is
responsible after he kills the mother bird, and so on.    But this episode is
just exactly the opposite.       Every time I see this episode I am always
amazed at how easily Warren, Floyd, and the rest of the men can go back on
their word to God.      All these men would do well to read the story of
Ananias and Sapphira in the Book of Acts.

My father was a man of God, and if he had ever promised $150 to the church, and
the hot water heater had broken down, we would have all been taking cold
showers.     If the TV payment came due, we would have been living without a
TV.    I know he would have trembled at the very thought of telling a lie to
God.

And the worst part was the very end of the show when it shows the new organ
being played in church after Mr. Robinson has so graciously consented to help
out.    There stand Floyd and Warren big as day singing along with the hymns.
  Personally, if I had ever lied to God, I would have been ashamed to show my
face in church until I came up with the $150.

I know not everyone agrees with me, and I know this was just a plot device, but
like Opie said "This has been preying on my mind".

Orville Hendricks - Mount Pilot Butter and Egg Man