What an end to Mayberry Days for us!! The old feet just won't do all the
walking any more so we have had to call it quits!!
In doing some research, I enjoyed the episode of the choir singing Voices
Of the Woods...better known as Welcome Sweet Springtime....good old 14A.
That is  one of the best things ever done at Col. Tim's and I hope it never
goes away.  Always the same, always different, always hilarious!
Thank you to so many wonderful people who have made the past 17 years so
enjoyable, starting with David Browning, whom we first met at the opening of
a  new Cracker Barrel near Raleigh in 1998. He told us about Mayberry Days,
so we  went. Couldn't get a close-by room so stayed in Winston Salem. The
next year we  had to stay in Hillsville VA, until we learned to make a
reservation a year in  advance!!  2004 was rough as that was the year Carol had
leukemia, but we  made it!! Didn't do a lot, but we were there for the
dedication of the statue of  Andy and Opie and kept our consecutive streak
going. We
have seen the building  of the Andy Griffith Museum, the Blackmon
Amphitheater, a new store come to town  called Mayberry on Main, which is THE
place
if you want Mayberry 'stuff.'   We have eaten a sandwich at Snappy Lunch
almost every year, and the time we  missed, we went back during the year and
had
one!! Barney's is extremely good  and the service can not be beat! Stores
have come and gone, but the good ones  are still around and growing! The
Silent Auction has grown from less than a  thousand dollars to almost 3,000, so
keep up the good works, thanks to Jeff  Koontz and his helpers!!
Who do we thank after David....and of course Patty....Jim Clark, Leroy and
Jan, George Spence, Betty Lynn, Maggie Peterson, Jamie "Opie" Sullivan,
'Howard  and Millie' and Margaret Kerry who spent time with us Sunday at
Sagebrush,  Jackie Joseph, Howard Morris, on and on and on, and all the friends
we
have made  over the years!!  You know who you are....can't name them all as
it would  take too much time and space, but shortly, Paul Gustafson, Bobby
Butler family,  Colin Watkins and his family along with Iber, the
Hendersons, The Fryes, and  this year the Golden Girls!!... my goodness!! All
of
you....
THANK YOU for such wonderful memories over the years.
We will miss seeing all of you....but keep in touch either by Email, phone,
 US Mail, or in person!!
Love and blessings upon each and every one who made the times so special
for us.
'the moving finger having writ, moves on....' the Rubiyat of Omar
Khayyam.....
Welford and Carol Sims
THE CAMERA NUT!!