We had a wonderful experience giving my Mayberry presentation to a group of
veterans at an area Veterans Home in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.  It was an
honor to go around and visit individually with each veteran in attendance
and to be able to shake their hands and thank them for their service and
sacrifices to their country.  A number of them were veterans of WW2.

It was great to be able to help bring some laughter so those who nearing
the end of their earthly lives.  They were all very big fans of TAGS and
shared their stories about watching it when it first came on the air.

I closed my presentation with a tribute to the veterans.  I put together a
number of photos starting with WW 1 and going up to the present war on
terrorism.  I set it to music using Kate Smith's beautiful rendition of
"God Bless America".  It was a very meaningful experience for each of us.

My father was a veteran of two countries.  He served in the Swedish Navy
for two years prior to immigrating to the USA.  Then he was drafted in WW2
and served in the infantry in France and North Africa.

Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701