This morning my wife and I were watching news about the situation in Ferguson, MO. We started talking about the condition of the world in general and wondered what the world would be like in the future. I said that at some point every parent wonders what kind of world his or her children and grandchildren would grow up in. My wife commented "It sure isn't Mayberry." Unfortunately that is probably true. True, complete Mayberry has never existed. Even when TAGS was on in the Sixties, there were problems such as war, protests, civil rights marches and leaders being assassinated. Yet we tuned into TAGS every week to see a world in which we all wished we lived. For a few minutes, we wished the world's problems were as simple as they were on TAGS. Even now we still do the same thing. Bits and pieces of Mayberry still exist in the world. We hopefully try to live our lives in a moral and Christian way and spread the Mayberry spirit. It is important that we pass on the life lessons and values of TAGS to future generations. So as we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving, may we spend the day in true Mayberry fashion with family and friends. ( Just don't heave the bread or taters during dinner!) May we all keep the spirit of Mayberry alive and well. So Happy Thanksgiving to all my TAGS friends and lotsa luck to you and yours!
Jim & Nancy

---
is active.