I always remember Francis Bavier as Mrs. Barley in the original The Day the
Earth Stood Still from 1951.  Never saw the remake.  George Lindsey appeared in
an episode of M*A*S*H as a surgeon.  My favorite though is an easy one, Don
Knotts in The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.Must have seen it 100 times.  I have Va.
Tech seasons football tickets.  We have a defensive tackle named Luther Maddy.
Whenever he makes a tackle there are always a few, "atta boy Luther" cries in
the stands.

I'm in the habit lately of DVRing the old Perry Mason's on MeTV everyday.
There is hardly an episode that doesn't have someone from Mayberry in it.  John
Masters (Olan Soule) has a recurring role as a court clerk.  Briscoe Darling
(Denver Pyle) has been on several episodes and has even been the murderer on a
couple.  Many, many others, including members of the Esquire Club have appeared
in the courtroom and as I mentioned a few weeks ago, I even saw Mr. Schwump one
time.

As far as grandparents go, what about the episode where 4 generations of one
family was going to church together.  Wasn't it Old Claude, Claude Jr, Young
Claude, etc.?  Someone help me on that.  Didn't Frank Myers mention his grand
children?

That's all for now,

Harry in Salem, VA