Got my issue of "Our State" magazine today.The front page is dedicated
to the Snappy Lunch porkchop sandwich including a picture of the now
famous "sammich".There is a very good story complete with pictures
inside the magazine.According to the story,the eatery got its name when
it opened in 1923 because customers used to say,"I want a sandwich,and
make it snappy!"

Also found out the building was at one time a shoe shop and a post office.
If you do not have access to the magazine,you might want to try ourstate.com.

Dewey in NC

A dentist and a manucurist married.They fought tooth and nail.