A couple of instances that came to my mind where someone is listening
to the radio would be the announcement of the escape of four female
prisoners in "Convicts At Large" and possibly in "Gomer the
Houseguest." That one is up for debate because it might have been a
television. We don't actually see what device is providing the story
for everyone gathered around in the Taylor living room, but whatever
it was didn't have a remote control so they could turn up the volume
(nor did houseguest Gomer have a mute button.)