>>>That started me to thinking. Did Mayberry have a Mr Potter?

Interesting question. I'd have to say no. Mayberry had it's share of bad guys,
but in the end they all saw the error of their ways, and (hopefully) attempted
to be better people after Andy straightened them out.

But Bedford Falls' Mr. Potter wasn't like that. He was just nasty through and
through, and he never made any attempt to repent from his evil ways. What's
more, he got away with everything!  Notice how he was never made to repay the
$8000 he more or less stole from George Bailey?

Paul Mulik