Martha and I just returned from a vacation to California.      And yes, before
you ask, we took in some of the same sights that the Taylor family took in on
their trip out there.   (No one appeared on the game show "Win or Lose).   We
took one of those sight seeing tours that take you all over Hollywood.    We
drove down Sunset Strip, and the guide pointed out the nightclub "Whisky A Go
Go".    It did not look a whole lot different than when Andy passed by it 50
years ago.

But the most amazing part of the trip was while we were traveling down the
Sunset Strip and the guide directed our attention to a very large house way up
on the mountain top overlooking the strip.   It was very large, and looked like
it would cost millions of dollars.    Who do you think he told us the house
belonged to?       If you guessed that the house belonged to our own little
Opie you would be correct.

Can you imagine that even in Opie's wildest dreams of 50 years ago that while
he was taking that bus ride down the Sunset Strip  he could have even dreamed
that he would one day own a multimillion home high up in those hills?    Just
goes to show how far an old country boy from Duncan Oklahoma can go with a
little ambition.

Orville Hendricks - Mount Pilot Butter and Egg Man