I was amazed at how many movies Mr. Best made and with celebs like Jimmy Stewart, Paul Newman and Burt Reynolds. He acted with so many wonderful actors and actresses during his career. My wife and I were so fortunate to have met him at Mayberry Days a few years ago and to have gotten his autograph.

A few years ago we stayed at the Taylor Home Inn in Wisconsin shortly after Mr. Best and his wife had stayed there. We stayed in the same room the Bests had been in. I have kidded my wife that she and James Best slept in the same bed!

As Andy sang: "We shall meet, but we shall miss him" .  RIP James.

---