Regarding Holland's query about the size of Mayberry County: it is 266 2/3
square miles, which is rather small. From the map in Andy's office, we know
that the county is roughly square, which means that even if you were in one
corner of the state, the diagonally opposite corner would be only about 23
miles away. Even on rough unpaved roads, one should be able to drive from any
point in the county to any other point in just a couple of hours.

How did I calculate the size of the county? I was  readin' just the other day
where there's somethin' like 400 needy boys in this county alone, or one and a
half boys per square mile. 400 divided by 1.5 = 266.667 square miles.

Paul Mulik