I may be in the minority, but I don't mind that we don't know the name of the
gentleman who played Mr. Schwump.  I like some mystery and the unknown gives us
something to think about and discuss.  Sort of like imagining what Sarah,
Juanita or Andy's late wife might have looked like.  I always assumed Mrs.
Taylor had to have been a redhead due to the carrot top on Opie.  I see Sarah
as a spinster in her 60's with her hair in a bun and orthopedic shoes who was
just waiting by the switchboard for the next juicy call to listen to.  I think
Juanita might have been a nice looking blonde who constantly chewed gum and
called all the diner customers Hun or Sweetie.

I hope the mystery of the man who played Mr. Schwump goes on and on.  I do have
one question though, since I've never had the opportunity to go the Mayberry
Days.  Has there ever been a Mr. Schwump tribute artist?  I hope there is.

Harry in Salem, VA.