>>>Even though Aunt Bee is spelled B e e.  There are three episodes I've found
where it is indicated that her full name is actually Beatrice.  I'll start
with the first one I found which is "Floyd the gay deceiver" when she is
dressed as the maid they refer to her as Beatrice.  There are two more
episodes I can think of where she is called Beatrice.  I'm open to guesses
and maybe someone else will know others.

Andy in Texas

In Aunt Bee and the Lecturer, when the professor is introduced to Aunt Bee, he
asks if her name is the diminutive for Beatrice, and Aunt Bee says she hasn't
been called Beatrice since she was a little girl (this is not true.)  He then
goes on to explain that in Latin, the name means "she who makes happy" (this
also is not true).

In The Cannon, when the governor comes up onto the platform, Andy introduces
the local dignitaries to the governor and then adds, "... and this is my aunt,
Miss Beatrice Taylor."

I'm sure there's at least one episode where Floyd calls Aunt Bee "Beatrice" but
at the moment I can't think of what the episode is.  I seem to remember it's a
color episode and there is a crowded room, maybe a party, and Floyd is trying
to get her attention.

Paul Mulik