A couple of things with regard to the Oregon discussion from earlier.

1.  In the episode Barney and the choir same season but earlier episode,
Andy refers to the wanted flyers from Raleigh.  This establishes that their
location is North Carolina prior to the City episode.

2.  In the Big city episode he tells Aunt Bee they would only be gone for 2
days.

3.  I recall from some trivia picked up somewhere that the map behind
Andy's desk is actually of Iowa, showing that they would often just use
props or backdrops that don't always exactly fit.

Just my two cents worth, but I'm always willing to take change back :-)

- Andy in Texas