Many years ago I inadvertently insulted a young black man when I said "Yeah boy" as Andy would do when he expressed pleasure in something good. I don't remember what transpired that made me say this but the man's face fell and I asked what was the matter. He answered that I had denigrated him by calling him "boy." I had to stop and think and then I explained that it is an Andyism from Mayberry meant in a positive way and gave him some examples. He began to smile and all was well once again. So you just never know what someone's reaction might be if they are unfamiliar with something but if you take the time to inquire and explain, everything can be make good again! Since almost everyone knows about Mayberry and it's mystique, even if they aren't an avid watcher, they always react positively and then I'm so proud to be part of the clan!
Aunt Bee of Orlando