Has anybody here read Ron Howard: From Mayberry to the Moon...and Beyond? It is
next on my to be read list. Does it tell good things or does it recycle trash
from the tabloids like he secretly smoked dope or hated Howard McNear? He
didn't as far as I know.

I'm reading the Don and Andy book and I'm enjoying it very much. If somebody
wants to read a bio that tones down the bad parts of life that we all have read
My Lucky Life in and Out of Showbiz the autobiography of Dick Van Dyke. He
hints very loosely at his alcoholism but blames nobody for the breakup of his
firts marriage and would have you believe he got along perfectly with everybody
he ever worked with.

As to the Don and Andy book, I look at it this way. Does anybody really believe
that they were like Andy and Barney in their real life? Was Elizabeth
Montgomery a witch? Did Lucy and Desi marry until death did they part? No, of
course not. Everybody has faults and everybody makes mistakes. Should de Vise
have shared them? Maybe, maybe not but by sharing he made it a true biography
not some watered down version that sounded unrealistic making you wonder what
was left out.

Just my opinion. I enjoyed the DVD bio, am enjoying the A&D one, and look
forward to the Ron Howard one. And, again, if anybody has read the Howard book
let me know how it was. Thanks

Mayberrily yours,

Marie

Sent from my iPad