I say thank God the statement made to a wife "he hardly ever hits you" is not
promoted on TV today.  I was married in the 60's to a wife beater and believe
me it is nothing to joke about . In those days the police could not interfere
with domestic problems and my husband took full advantage of that . When the
movie "the burning bed" came out I wished I had thought of it! There is nothing
scarier than someone twice your size and strength pounding on you mercilessly
and he did it just because he could, no reason.

God Bless
Pepsi--Thelma