> anyone have any favorite scenes involving the squad car siren?

My favorite is when Opie is being kept at home after school instead of hanging
out at the court house. Aunt Bee has sent him outside with a packet of spinach
seeds and a watering can.  Andy drives by and stops to chat briefly with Opie.
When he's about to take off Opie asks for Andy to "give her a blast".  It
clutches me so.

"Planting spinach can be very educational. Why you'll see something grow up
before your very eyes."

"But, Aunt Bee, spinach. Couldn't I see something else grow up before my very
eyes?"

Harriet, the chicken thief, hiding out in Kelsey's Woods, USA

....Johnny Paul Jason says chewing tar is good for the teeth......That's an old
wives tale....Johnny Paul ain't married.....