While waiting for a board of directors meeting to begin at the hospital
where I volunteer and of which I am a board member, one of the NEW members
on the board was telling me about her love of TAGS and that she was one of
the biggest fans ever.  So we had a very good discussion.  Then she
suddenly asked me if I knew about Mr. Schwamp and I told her that I knew
about him and how no one has ever been able to figure out who he really
was.  She became very animated then and got all excited and she told me
that YES, they did indeed discover who he really was.  I told her that I
did not ever hear about that and she kept insisting that I was wrong.

So the meeting began and I forgot all about it.  Today I had to attend
another board event and when I walked in the board members all told me that
the board member Mayberry fan had something important to show me.  When she
spotted me she handed me a piece of paper and said she had the proof that
Mr. Schwamp's identity was indeed known.  I  read the story and dthen
handed the paper back to her and told her to look at the date. APRIL 1,
2012.  She hadn't looked at the date on the top of the paper.  I explained
to her that this was an April Fool's Joke that was put on the Mayberry
website. I asked her if she went to the link at the end of the story that
was provided so people could see how the mystery was solved.  She said that
she hadn't.  Thus she didn't find out that it was indeed a joke.

Needless to say, she was rather upset with the whole thing, as she was
bound and determined to prove "The Mayberry Guru" wrong.

I talked to her later and told her that I was sure that she would be able
to trick me up on a lot of things because I was far from being an expert on
TAGS and there were a lot of things I did not know about it.  This seemed
to make her feel better.

See, that's what happens when you make a big moulage out of something.

--
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru