I'm sure someone must have brought this up at some point over the years,
but tonight while watching the episode about Opie's report card on MeTV
("Opie's Ill-Gotten Gain"), I could really see the effect of Andy's
preference for the "one-camera" technique that TAGS used.

During the famous and funny scene where Andy is "helping" Barney recite the
Preamble to the Constitution, the close-ups of Barney after about a minute
show his hair a total mess while he is trying to remember the words.  But
in the distant shot showing both Andy & Barney, Barney's hair looks neat
and combed. This happens about 3 or 4 times, as the scenes go from distant
shot to close-up, and back again.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Here's a link to the clip - a classic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHS7vGeDHaY