Here in Oklahoma, a little girl 5 years old won the State Spelling Bee and
will be going to the national competition.    Quite an accomplishment.

But that put me in mind of a little known occurrence in the early life of Aunt
Bee.    When she was attending Greenbriar Normal School, her teacher asked her
to spell weather.    Aunt Bee's replied "What do you think I am, a Spelling
Bee"?     The teacher said "very funny Beatrice, but spell the word".    Aunt
Bee gave it her best try and said W-o-r-e-r.    Her teacher told her "Beatrice,
that is the worst spell of weather we have had in these parts in many a year".

Orville Hendricks - Mount Pilot Butter and Egg Man