Patty said, "I dont want to make a mulage of it but this is how I interpreted 
what Andy said. When he said the show was set in the 30's he didn't mean the 
time frame, he was refering to the "essence" of the show, or a town that had 
stayed " stuck in the 30's" so to speak, and even though the time frame was 
indeed the early 60's."

Harriet reiterated her thoughts in her own post.  Both Patty and Harriet are 
right.

I know this discussion has gone on for awhile, but it still seems some people 
are misunderstanding the whole point of this.  I don't mean to disparage 
anyone, but I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand.  NO ONE has made 
the claim that TAGS was actually set in the 1930's.  Clearly, the show was both 
shot and set in the 1960's.  But the intent was to EVOKE an earlier time--a  
slower-paced, simpler time--and I think the show achieved that beautifully.  
There is a big difference between a show like "The Waltons" that was actually 
set in the 1930's Depression Era, and TAGS, which was set in the 1960's but 
evoked an earlier time.


So I hope this is cleared up for everyone and we can lay this topic to rest.  I 
love for members to engage in lively discussion, but "I think I've heard just 
enough about that tomato!"  (Now, don't be like Helen and get your back up 
about that.  I'm just funnin' ya.)


Thelma Lou

(Janet)
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.wbmutbb.com/

Reply via email to