Perhaps the biggest mystery of the show is what the man’s real name was. None
of the cast or writers remember. I put on my thinking bucket and came up with
something. Someone had to PAY the man. Is it possible there could be records of
that or perhaps contacting  whoever actually made out the checks....if they are
still living.  He was also on two episodes of Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C., so again,
his name had to be on the payroll. Is there anyone associated with the show
that would have access to that? I have also heard and seen photos of what
appears to be him in a party scene in the movie Christmas In Connecticut.