I retired in May after 32 years of teaching, so I'm very excited that I get
to attend Mayberry Days this year for the first time! I've been to Mt. Airy
three times during the summer, so this will be a great experience. Two
friends and I are leaving Missouri Monday morning and heading to the
Mayberry Cafe then on to Morgantown, WV. Where in particular should we go
to see all that's dedicated to Don Knotts? Then we'll head to Siler City
and back to Pilot Mountain. Anything in particular other than Aunt Bee's
gravesite and Pilot Mountain State Park we should see? We plan to be in Mt.
Airy Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We have our tickets for the events we
want to attend, so we're set there.

Is the fabric store still on the corner near the Snappy Lunch, and is the
John Deere Toy Store still there? It's been about 12 years since I've been
there, and things can change a lot over time.

Is there anything else we should see or do? We have our Blood Brothers
shirts ready, so if you see us, say Hey!

Johnna Clarke