>>>So do me a favor.  If you read this post, please post a simple thank you to
Allan for all his hard work and please share one thing about TAGS that
really makes you smile and feel good.  Let's see if we can get a day where
the digest has lots of things to read that will give us a smile or two.<<<

I do appreciate all that Allan does with the digest and his many other Mayberry
pursuits.  I believe I found the digest and joined WBMUTBB? not long after we
got Internet access.  I want to say it was in the spring of 2000, but it may
have been a little later than that.  (Is there a record somewhere of when we
joined?)  Anyway, I've been reading and posting to the digest since then.  I've
made some friends through the digest over the years.  I "met" Aunt Bee of
Orlando when I sold her my VHS Columbia House collection of TAGS tapes.  We
still e-mail back and forth sporadically.  Harriet the Chicken Thief was kind
enough to sell us her tickets to Mayberry Days events last year, and it was
such a thrill to have front-row or almost-front-row seats to some of the
programs.  I've corresponded with other folks, such as Ken himself.  Even
though I haven't had the privilege of meeting these folks in person (yet,
anyway), I do consider them friends.  And isn't that the spirit of Mayberry?

As for what makes me smile about TAGS, well, it's pretty hard to narrow it down
to only one thing!  I guess if I must pick only one, I will say the character
of Barney and Don Knotts' comic genius that brought him to life.  Truly, Barney
Fife is one of the (perhaps *the*) greatest TV characters of all time.  Can you
imagine if Don Knotts's Barney Fife never "existed"?  Oh, I don't even want to
think about it!  A lot of laughter would be missing from our lives.  TAGS
represents the nearest to perfect combination of casting, acting, writing, and
production that I believe TV has ever seen.

Thelma Lou

(Janet)