>>>Just now watching The Loaded Goat and it seemed to me that the tune Barney
>>>plays on the harmonica sounds a lot like the song Barney sang ?Juanita?
Can anyone verify that?

Yes, it is the same song. Many of the songs heard on The Show, including
Juanita, Little Brown Church in the Vale, The Quilting Party (Seein’ Nellie
Home), and good ol’ 14-A were included in a songbook* that was used in the Mt.
Airy schools when Andy was a boy. He obviously had fond memories of them, and
choose to use them on the show. Also, all the copyrights would had long since
inspired which made it much easier from a production standpoint.

Many great songs used on Gomer Pyle - USMC, were unfortunately cut out when the
episodes were put on DVD, because they were NOT in public domain and somebody
was too cheap to pay for the use of the songs. But I digress.

Paul Mulik

* The Golden Book of Favorite Songs, readily available on eBay