Airport and Aunt Bee's Big Moment

 Airport

Thelma, I don't know if the flying footage was staged or not. Good question.
Wish we could find out. I have flown into Whiteman myself. Back in the 60s
fuel was very cheep and so was learning to fly.  It was a very popular
because of that. The weather in So Cal is so good that many people here have
earned their private pilots certificate. I also know it was not uncommon for
show biz people living in So Cal to earn their certificates too. Back east
with the fast changing weather it is frustratingly hard to make progress
toward that goal, because instructors require good weather before they let
their students fly short solo trips. Those are needed for the certificate.

Aunt Bee's Big Moment

Thelma, I don't recall where I read it exactly, but did read it online when
researching Francis Bavier. If you go a Google search of "Francis Bavier
private pilot", you will see many hits to read.

Patty

San Diego

aka Millie