> Maybe the reason she didn't or couldn't take the food home has to do

> with health regulations.?

We're talking fantasy 60s TV, not current real life in the USA. There wouldn't
be anything to prevent Aunt Bee from taking home the food for Andy and Opie,
other than maybe the crew chowed down after the tapping.  Since it's implied
that the film set provided the food, I doubt she would have been allowed to
take it home with her.  Plus they have to have one dish already cooked and
ready to present as it had just come out of the oven, which on cooking shows we
know doesn't happen. They aren't going to have a show when the dish requires an
hour in the oven and there you sit waiting, watching and waiting. Call it trick
photography if you will.....

I've listened to interviews with the actors from The Waltons, and while it's
not the same, it is in a way. They spoke of how often the family or several
members of the family were eating n scenes in the shows. The actors actually
got tired of munching down the food after so many takes. LOL And once you know
that, when watching the show, it's easy to see their pained faces when they
have to take a bite to look like they are enjoying a family meal together. And
they said, after scenes were finished tapping, the crew would descend on the
set and grab whatever was out in serving dishes.

No regulations, local or federal. would come into play in a comedy sitcom,
unless it was part of a particular plot of an episode or the continued theme
from one week to the next.

Harriet, the chicken thief