Love, Romance and Relationships...in Mayberry

*Here are some of our favorite Andy Griffith Show quotes about romance,
love-loss and relationships.  "That poor, blind fool. He don't know it but
he's headed right for Heartbreak Alley."— Barney Fife (Don Knotts), The
Andy Griffith Show, Season 3: Andy's Rich Girlfriend  Andy Taylor: "What do
you know about love?"Floyd Lawson: "What do I know... about love... about
love...A man can't cut hair for thirty years without learning SOMETHING!"—
Sheriff Andy Taylor (Andy Griffith), The Andy Griffith Show, Season 3: Andy
and Opie, Bachelors  "I'm sick of the whole thing, too. You try to bring
two people together and what do you get? Heartaches!"— Barney Fife (Don
Knotts), The Andy Griffith Show, Season 5: Man in the Middle  Rose: "Opie,
dear, I'm marryin' Mr. Pine because I love him."Opie Taylor: "I thought you
loved ME."Rose: "I do, Opie."Opie Taylor: "You don't catch me marryin'
somebody else."— Opie Taylor (Ron Howard), The Andy Griffith Show, season
1: The New Housekeeper *

*Andy Taylor: "Goodbye, goodbye. Partin' is such sweet sorrow that I would
say goodbye till it be morrow."Opie Taylor: "What's THAT mean?"Andy Taylor:
"Well, that means I'd love to set and jaw with ya a while longer, but I got
to be a-movin' on."— Sheriff Andy Taylor (Andy Griffith), The Andy Griffith
Show, season 1: A Feud is a Feud*

Joe Suszczynski
Grand Island, NY