Elizabeth, That would be the famous Earle Hagen who also wrote the theme songs
for “Make Room for Daddy”, ”The Dick Van Dyke Show”, ”I Spy”, ”That Girl” and
“The Mod Squad“.

He wrote a great autobiography, “Memoirs of a Famous Composer Nobody Ever Heard
Of“  that is well worth reading. He describes how he chose the incidental music
in the show.

Robbie
Mount Airy (“Mayberry”), NC