Thanks to Michael E. and Curt G. for putting the inconsistencies on TAGS in
perspective.

 A couple years ago, I wrote in to the Bulletin Board, wondering what the
job of the person listed in the credits as "script continuity" was, since I
constantly noticed discrepancies like some folks have noted. There were a
couple of excellent answers, explaining how that term meant only
consistency within a single episode - not episode-to-episode, or
season-to-season. So, I also have learned to look past the obvious
inconsistencies.

Finally, I think one other possible explanation for some of the
discrepancies is the fact that there were different writers and directors.
who probably didn't concentrate on small details that others had written.

JOE from G.I.