>>> In the episode "The Song Festers", Barney is sitting in the back of the
>>> hall all alone after Gover leaves.   If you look real closely, you can see
>>> the outline of a pack of cigarettes in Barney's pocket.   That is because
>>> in real life, Don Knotts smoked quite a bit.<<<

When I first noticed that outline of a pack of cigarettes in Barney's shirt
pocket, it was a revelation.  I thought it was some one-time slip-up.  So I
started looking for it in other episodes.  What I discovered is that Don
carried a pack of cigarettes in his uniform shirt pocket a whole lot of times.
I find it surprising that he was allowed to get away with this, considering
that Barney was portrayed as a non-smoker (except for the occasional cigar when
he was feeling "special sporty").  In that "Citizen's Arrest" episode, he gets
choked on the cigarette smoke after a few puffs.

Thelma Lou
(Janet)

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
     Virus-free.