.......to all the contributors to the Digest recently who've really picked
up the pace. It's nice to see multiple posts almost every day, like it was
a few years ago. Thanks, Holland, for all your intersting observations and
questions, and thanks to Dewey for that mention of the Youtube dance video
- that was really enjoyable. And good to see a post from Ken, the "Mayberry
Guru", again.

  Now, my observation today - it's really something to think about the
difference in Andy's character from the first season, when he was a
happy-go-lucky, easygoing guy who liked jokes, told stories, and pulled
pranks (pretty similar to his Will Stockdale character in "No Time for
Sergeants"), to the last season, when Andy was kind of cranky or grouchy a
lot, trying to deal Floyd, Goober and the other characters in town, while
raising a growing boy. He didn't laugh much, and mostly was trying to be
the "adult in the room".  Quite a difference - I guess mostly due to Barney
leaving the show?

JOE from G.I.
`