Thanks to Jason, Rick, and Thelma for their observations on my observation
about Andy's evolving role in TAGS through the years - some really good
points. In addition to TAGS, I'm also a 3 Stooges fan, and I've been
thinking that there is some similarity between TAGS without Barney, and the
3 Stooges without Curly.
Both shows continued for awhile after Barney and Curly left, but they
weren't the same - still pretty funny, but just not the same.

Also, Holland - I enjoyed your imaginative story about "Mayberry Down the
Tubes" - that would've been something to see!  And I have to pay attention
the next time I watch "The Fun Girls" because I never noticed those
containers of liquid in the background - curious, curious.

JOE from G.I.