First, good job Steve, with the Hugo Hauptfleisch reference.  Here are a
couple more names that occurred to me:

1. Nathan Tibbs, Revolutionary War hero.

2,  Floyd's and Clara's relatives, along with the other ancestors who
participated in the infamous "Battle of Mayberry".

3.  Joe Larson, who served in the Army with the Stranger-in-Town, Ed Sawyer.

Honorable mention to Ernest T Bass, who at least tried to join the
military!. Also, I think there are a couple names I can't remember that
Andy mentioned to Barney as being World War I veterans, besides  the Milo
boys, in the "Barney's Sidecar" episode,

JOE from G.I.